Friday, May 17, 2013

A Big Mothers Day!

Mothers Day was really big this year at my house.
On Sat afternoon the baby Barred Hollands started pipping 
on their eggs.  We waited and waited, but none of them hatched out.
They took lots of naps though......hatching out is hard work.
My mom and I stayed up late Saturday night watching them pip away.
I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch.
Then at 1:45 am my mom woke me up to let me know that the first little guy
had broken through his shell and was looking around.  I could hear him tweeting
up a storm so I jumped up to go see.
The cutest ever!!!
My stayed up all night to make sure all four peeps made it through.
  Of course one waited until Breakfast to hatch out.


 
Chicks just beginning to pip through

Making more progress after a nap

Now really getting down to business 

I am ready to face the world



This really Hard!


I am upside down

Get this shell off of me!


I can stretch --at last



Come on Buddy get up


OK world here I am


Little friends togther



All dry and fluffy

Cute Barred Holland Chicks
DOB-May 12,2013
Happy Mothers Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment